What we believe
Statement of Faith
1. We believe in one God, revealed as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, given by God without error to holy men of old. We also believe that the church has no authority to establish doctrine or practice contrary to the Holy Scriptures.
3. We believe that man was made in the image of God.
4. We believe that by reason of the fall of Adam the first man through sin, that mankind fell, became depraved and spiritually alienated from God the creator and can only be reconciled back to God through Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that justification is by grace through faith in the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary. And no one is justified by keeping the law.
6. We believe in water baptism after confessing and accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as commanded by Jesus Christ as a symbolic sign that the people of God are buried and resurrected with Christ.
7. We believe that as born again believers we are priests and have direct access to God in prayer through Jesus Christ our saviour.
8. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and in speaking of diverse kinds of tongues as endowment and gift of the Holy Spirit. We believe in the supernatural workings of the Holy Spirit through diverse gifts to grow and build the body of Christ. We understand that these gifts are active within the body until the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the nurture and developments of these gifts of the Holy Spirit.
9. We believe in divine healing and divine health through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary.
10. We believe in the gifts and callings of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher and we believe these gifts are functional within the body of the believer until the Lord´s return. Furthermore these ministries are gifts to the church for the equipping of the saints (body of Christ) for the work of ministry, that the body of Christ may be edified.
11. We believe in the literal and spiritual blessings of God on the believer in this life and the eternal life to come.
12. We believe in the literal second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the literal reign and rule of Christ on the earth, the resurrection of the regenerated (born again & saved believer) to eternal life and the unregenerated (unsaved) to eternal damnation and the ultimate victory of the eternal kingdom of God. Amen.
God Movement e. V.